Friday, February 3, 2012

Letting go...as our children grow

My baby girl has a boyfriend and will be getting married within the next year! One minute we're praying and waiting, and praying and waiting...and then all of a sudden God brings along THE one!!

Then it seems like we didn't have quite enough time together...like we didn't make quite enough memories...like I didn't get to pass on to her all I had wanted to.

However, God's timing is perfect! He brought along an amazing young man for her. She will be his perfect helpmeet and he is her perfect completer. And I realized that was the goal.

I guess the hard part is she is the last one. I wouldn't want her here forever - it's time for her to begin the ministry God has for her as a wife and mother. We do have lots of wonderful memories and I look forward to what God will do through her. But now it's the beginning of a new season for ME.

Sometimes I think we try to hold on to our children too long because we are afraid there will be nothing more for us to do. Or because we don't think there is anything else we CAN do. But that's not true. If we are still alive and breathing, we have purpose!! Just as we have had to trust God as we raised our children, now it's time to trust Him as we let them go.

He will never leave or forsake us. He will never leave us with nothing to do. Embrace this new season and get ready to explore the opportunities God has just for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment