Tuesday, August 28, 2012

See the suffering

I haven't posted in quite a while, and I don't know that I'm going to continue this blog.  But this is a post I want to do...because I have nowhere else to release the feelings and emotion.
I know I'm supposed to have a picture with every post...I know that I am supposed to write more regularly...but this isn't about "doing it right", it's about sharing something that has been on my heart.

As a mother, we sometimes have to see our children be on the receiving end of suffering.  Sometimes it's emotional...being mistreated, kids ignoring them, calling them names, or being the subject of untrue rumors or accusations.  Sometimes it's physical...an accident or a chronic health condition.  But no matter how old they are, it still stings your heart when you see them suffering.  I have a special needs child that was often ignored by their peer group; I have a child that was the object of a terrible accusation that could stain their character; I have a child that has suffered from chronic health conditions for a number of years...suffering.  Seeing my children suffer can be so difficult sometimes.

Recently I cried out to God and asked that question, "WHY?"  Why, Lord, does the suffering not end??  And I wept...because it's hard to see the suffering.  And God answered me...

"Did not I, also, see my child suffer?"  Yes, He did.  It must have been hard for God to look on Jesus when He went through ridicule and physical torment.  "Lord, there must have been times, in a human sense, when You would have liked to just bring Him home and end the suffering."  (And then this thought came to me, it's extra Biblical and may be inaccurate, but it's my thought) "I have always heard that You couldn't look at Jesus on the cross because You couldn't stand to look at the sin.  But I wonder if another reason could be that You couldn't stand to see Him suffer.  That would have been so hard to see!"

Hebrews 5:8  "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered."

Obedience to the Father can be learned by the things our children, and we, suffer.  Jesus suffered and died for ME.  God left Him here to complete His purpose, just as He does for you and me and our children.

Our children are more God's than ours.  God knows what He is doing and His way is best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment